Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bake, Bake, Bake Senora: Zucchini Bread


And i know what you're thinking but I'm not the only one in this world with a LOVE for butter!

So a few weeks ago I got into a baking kick. I just had to have fresh loaves or bread, cupcakes and yummy treats at any given moment. But perhaps one of my favorite treats, and a healthy one at that, is my Zucchini Bread recipe. I received it from a dear friend from my last church I attended. If it wasn't enough all she taught me I scored a delicious recipe too!

Hope you enjoy!

1 C. sugar
1 C. brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 C. salad oil (I used veg. oil)
2 C. shredded Zucchini
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 C. Flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1Tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C. nuts ( I never use them)


Combine sugars, oil and eggs till well blended.
Add Zucchini and vanilla.
Add flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and baking powder till well mixed.
(Note: I sift all the dry stuff together to make sure its pretty evenly mixed)

Pour in two buttered and floured pans and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.

Add a nice coat of butter and enjoy!!


No comments: